Call Paul Davis: What is Black Mold?
No homeowner wants black mold, but what is it? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in moist environments and is often found around condensation or pools or standing water inside. Spores enter the home by windows, other entrances or tracked on shoes and coats. While most fungus in your home are harmless, black mold can cause health issues if neglected.
Black Mold Poisoning
Black mold is a toxic species of mold that releases airborne toxins. The most common symptoms include chronic sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat as well as skin rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose occur in the most serious cases of long term exposure.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your property, it quickly grows and discharges toxins that make life miserable for residents:
- Mold emanates a pungent, musty smell that stops rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold causes problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be subject to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep returning to these areas.
Contact Paul Davis now if you suspect your home has black mold. Our team inspects for existence of black mold before starting treatment. Depend on our specialists to remove black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, get an inspection for black mold now.