Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that is found in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be nearly impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your residence. You should be worried as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can tell you the strain of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will develop the optimal way to treat it and perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your property along with major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it’s found in, meaning the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can be found in any given home, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid in making your house healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist environments like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold areas and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly located in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold weather. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.