Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that grows in your house or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is practically impossible for you to stop mold infiltrating your house. You should take action when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the strain of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment then perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of experience in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be a long project. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your house as well as major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it lives in, this means that the longer it remains untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in any given property, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in getting your house healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous environments such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This type of mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly responsive allergic mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both cold and warm areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.