No House is Immune to Water Damage
Water damage can occur in any home, no matter the location or climate. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional toil that water damages can take on you and your family. To decrease your home’s water damage, contact the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will evaluate and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage. While we can help repair your home, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Every homeowner must understand how to protect their property from water damages.
What Causes Water Damage
Your home sustains water damage when extra water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The experts from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your house to assess water damage. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can prevent water damage from occurring, your house will last for years. Water damage can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Because water damage is caused by so many things, you must be on the lookout. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, it could have been prevented. Don’t let this happen to you. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary steps to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Rely on us to take care of you.