Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
Any business can undergo water damage, despite the climate or location. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand. In order to decrease the amount of damage your home will undergo, call the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will assess and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, you can avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to guard your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
How does your home sustain water damage? When a surplus of water collects in areas where it can cause problems. The professionals from Paul Davis will come to your home to examine water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, you will live in your home for years to come. Flooding can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. But no matter how water damage occurs, it’s important to be careful. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
The best method of stopping water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is the key to avoiding pricey repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. To stop water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to help you.