How to Avoid Water Damage
Despite where your building is located, your building could receive severe water damage. Basement flooding, sewer backups or storm damage can all lead to major damages to your home. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. The most effective way to decrease water damage to your building is to contact the professionals immediately. We have a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that will inspect and fix the damage.
The Causes of Water Damage
We all have home appliances that we rely on. But a malfunctioning appliance can often cause more damage than good. Any appliance that uses water could flood and cause major problems. , don’t hesitate to call. The water damage repair technicians from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to fix any leaks and repair water damage quickly. Paul Davis can repair water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets overflow
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy storms or rain
- Streams or rivers that have crested
You Can Avoid Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently examine your appliances for leaks.
- Never pour grease down your sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause undesirable stress on your pipes or hoses.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to stop irreversible damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. It could indicate a leak.
- To avoid damage to your siding or foundation, cleanout your gutters regularly.
When it comes to stopping water damage, it’s important to use your common senseCheck your home regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s just a small leak, then try to fix it as soon as you can. But if it’s bigger leak or burst, call the highly trained professionals from Paul Davis.
The Water Mitigation Services We Provide
When the worst happens, don’t waste any time. Paul Davis franchises all provide 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to fix any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, such as:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Call Paul Davis Today
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you need water damage repair services. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.