Repairing Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions, while smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our fire repair technicians are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Repairing Fire Damage
Your building can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire repair services. Our professionals are specialized in effective using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.