How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Fire can be extremely damaging to a house. However, many people disregard the other detrimental elements of a fire. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
You Can Repair Fire Damage
Your home can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. Smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- To fan out smokey air, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home recently undergone smoke and soot damage? Turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire restoration services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.